In 2021, crypto asset trading continued its meteoric rise and set new records.
- In April 2021, bitcoin’s all-time peak volume reached $3.8 trillion.
- The traded value of large, decentralized exchanges like Uniswap and Curve grew approximately 550% between August 2020-2021
- Major centralized exchange (CEX) Binance’s spot cryptocurrency trading volumes totaled $789 billion in September, versus $454 billion (€390.7 billion) in July, while derivatives volumes jumped almost 25% to $1.7 trillion.
DEXs have been gradually grabbing market share from CEXs:
The perception that DEX is superior on all fronts is one of the main drivers for this trend:
- DEXs replace a centralized authority with automated protocols that enable trading and direct swapping of tokens, while CEX users give up control of their assets to the exchange’s servers.
- DEXs give the user complete control over their assets and eliminate jurisdictional restrictions. KYC is not required.
- DEXs usually have lower trading charges than CEXs.
DEXs continue to be successful, but they still face significant obstacles.
Cyber thefts are on the rise, and hackers have targeted DEXs.
- The DODO DEX suffered a smart contract breach in March 2021. In the attack, they stole approximately $3.8 Million worth of cryptocurrency.
- Hackers stole over $600,000,000 worth of digital tokens from Poly Network DEX in August 2021.
- DeFi protocols and DEXs accounted for half of the 2020 crypto hacks.
CEXs are a security nightmare that DEXs cannot solve. As the crypto trading sector continues to expand, there is a strong market demand for a definitive trading solution – one with all the advantages of DEXs, without its weaknesses. It is soon to be available on the market and it is called Secretum.
Secretum: Crypto Trading Reinvented.
Secretum is the world’s first and only fully decentralized, encrypted, and secure trading DApp built on the Solana Blockchain. Secretum’s main innovation is that it allows users to directly trade any crypto asset (fungible or non-fungible) via hybrid messaging and trading functions. Secretum is a revolutionary platform for cryptocurrency trading.
- A secure and anonymous sign-up process, which only needs the user’s crypto wallet address – no emails, names, or other personal data.
- It is a simple and intuitive interface that allows you to trade P2P cryptocurrencies as well as NFTs.
- This unique search function allows you to identify the owners of NFT assets. It allows two people to communicate with each other only via trading or wallet addresses.
Secretum’s advantages over DEXs are significant:
- Full protection of identity and security of owner of crypto-assets, with no risk of sensitive data getting leaked. The Secretum network has independent, verified nodes that store all data. There is no point of failure.
- Record low fees and almost instant trades, thanks to Solana’s capability of 50,000 transactions per second and an average cost per transaction of only $0.00025. This compares to DEXs which charge 1% to 0.3% and gas fees.
- Traders are able to contact each other directly and find hidden liquidity in crypto markets – improving execution times and prices.
Secretum will unleash its platform in a moment when major DEXs have valuations that reach the millions of dollars
Hacking and theft of crypto currency will be a greater threat as it grows in popularity and scale. Investors will value superior trading platforms and private messaging systems with unparalleled security. Secretum has leveraged the Solana Blockchain power to bring crypto traders unique benefits. Secretum litepaper.