The Ross Ulbricht Genesis non-fungible token (NFT) collection auction has come to an end and the auction winner was the “Free Ross DAO,” backed by the Pleasrdao project. At settlement, the NFT collection generated 1,446 Ethereum or $6.27 Million.
Free Ross Decentralized Autonomous Organization Wins Ross Ulbricht’s NFT Auction, DAO Plans to Fractionalize NFT Collection
- Bitcoin.com News published a report on Ross Ulbricht Genesis NFT’s collection that has amassed millions in ETH bids on Superrare NFT.
- At the time, there were some very high bids from an individual called “@toxicbitcoinmaxi.” However, the report also explained that the Pleasrdao project also got involved in the bidding war for the collection and formed a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) called the “Free Ross DAO.”
- Free Ross DAO received 1,446 Ethereum or $6.27 Million at the exchange. According to the DAO, the NFT collection will be “fractionalized between the 500 Free Ross DAO contributors.”
- Ross Ulbricht produced the NFT Collection, which included a variety of writings as well as ten artworks. It also includes an animation by Levitate (NFT artist). Ulbricht was also the voiceover artist for the animation. Entoptic curated the NFT collection. Proceeds will go to Art4giving, which also aims at releasing Ulbricht.
- “From the beginning with this NFT, I’ve wanted to help kids travel to see their moms and dads in prison,” Ulbricht said. “But with such high bids, we can now have a real impact on many other important causes as well.”
- Information concerning Ross Ulbricht’s case can be found at freeross.org and Ulbricht’s clemency petition hosted on change.org is getting awfully close to reaching 500,000 signatures. Only 42,014 signatures are needed to reach the milestone of half-million signatures.
What do you think about Ross Ulbricht’s NFT collection fetching more than $6 million in ethereum at the end of the auction? Please comment below to let us know your thoughts on this topic.
Images Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Ross Ulbricht NFT Collection,
DisclaimerThis article serves informational purposes. This is not an invitation to purchase or sell directly, nor a suggestion or endorsement of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com is not a provider of investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. This article does not contain any information, products, or advice that can be used to cause or alleged result in any kind of damage.