Facebook’s name change to Meta, and the announcement of its strategic pivot to becoming a Metaverse company, have sent shock-waves through the tech community. The next technological breakthrough is Metaverses, which are widely considered as the future of technology and possibly even greater than the Internet revolution. They can be defined as a combination of multiple elements of technology, including virtual reality, augmented reality, and video where users “live” within a digital universe. Secretum might offer this solution, which could include messaging or trading.
The gaming sector is already pioneering the Metaverse era with significant success, and combining it with the advantages of Blockchain technology. AxieInfinity and Sandbox convert in-game assets to Blockchain-based Non-Fungible Tokens, (NFTs), that have real economic value and can either be traded or held for long-term appreciation. NFTs have seen a tremendous increase in players spending, and NFT value has also increased.
- Axie infinity generates $2.7 billion annually in revenue, mainly from NFT characters sales. An in-game currency has a market price of more than $9 billion.
- Sandbox saw sales of NFT land parcels increase by 1,600% between 2021 and 2021. Its daily sales were more than $3,000,000.
- LitCraft Nysperience’s limited-time NFT launch sale raised $2 million in under two weeks.
Overall, the NFT market is also strong with records set for 2021
- To date in 2021 NFT sales have surpassed $9 billion, a more than 25-fold growth over 2020’s total sales of reached $340 million.
- Digital artwork “Everydays — The First 5000 Days,” sold for $69 million at a Christie’s auction in March.
- OpenSea’s NFT trading platform saw sales of $14.6 billion.
NFT Metaverse Gaming – Growing Success, Rising Challenges
An innovative Blockchain startup has created an unprecedented Solana-based solution to allow secure and low-cost NFT trading and P2P communication – Secretum. Secretum may be able to solve both the NFT trading and gaming challenges that NFT metaverses are bringing.
- High Fees – Over 80% of all NFTs are based on Ethereum-standard Blockchain tokens (ERC-20, ERC-721 or ERC-1155). Since each token needs a certain amount of power to be generated, each NFT transaction comes with a so-called “gas fee”. It averages at 23%. This is an enormous burden for players and traders.
- A Broken Market – Although a number of NFT trading platforms are operating (Opensea, Rarible), they do not help NFT Metaverse gamers find specific NFT gaming assets. The artificial limitation of liquidity slows down expansion of Metaverse ecosystems.
- Crypto Asset Insecurity – Gaming NFTs are worth more than $10 billion As crypto thefts are becoming more frequent and bigger in size, gamers need to find a way to keep their NFTs safe – and be able to trade and communicate with other gamers in complete safety.
Secretum – The Messaging and NFT Trading Solution To Power Gaming Metaverses
Secretum, which is built on the revolutionary Solana Blockchain, offers fully encrypted P2P messaging as well as OTC crypto trading apps. The app provides unparalleled benefits and features for Metaverse gamers as well as NFT traders:
- The escrow smart contracts functionality allows for fully P2P trade of NFTs and other crypto assets. This makes it possible to find NFT assets that are owned by others wallets. This creates an ecosystem of NFT trading for gaming Metaverses, where games can meet and trade in-game assets at a minimal cost – Solana’s average transaction fee is only $0.00025, beating Ethereum’s cost by a factor of over 100x.
- Anonymous registration and messaging with any other wallet owner in the world, based only on wallet address – ideal for becoming the medium of communication for Metaverse communities.
- NFT storage with high security on distributed nodes. This eliminates the possibility of theft and makes it more secure. Incentives to store more Secretum gaming NFTs, thereby creating a bigger trading market.
- An NFT trading platform built for scale, thanks to Solana’s capability of processing up to 700,000 transactions per second, 40,000x more than Ethereum.
- Solana’s cross-chain compatibility with Binance Smart Chain and Ethereum, the latter constituting the vast majority of Metaverse gaming NFTs. This will facilitate Secretum’s penetration of the NFT gaming market from the day of launch.
Online games that have more than 50 million members rely heavily on players to communicate. Secure communication is essential for smooth gaming. NFT Metaverses will allow players to exchange NFT assets and communicate. Secretum is a one-stop solution that addresses both markets in an easy to use, affordable, secure way. Secretum’s ultimate goal is to be the leading app for Metaverse NFT trading as well as gaming communication. Secretum can leverage its potential growth and expansion to benefit from the new era in gaming Metaverses.